Friday, May 4, 2018

Adaptability...


Adaptability is a key ingredient for a missionary. I (Scott) have been in the position of Chief Human Resources Officer for six months. Soon, I will assume a modified security role and temporarily become the Senior Manager for Regional Centers. These changes have prompted people to ask “Aren’t these roles outside of your comfort zone?” The answer is a resounding “Yes”! The Human Resources position was well outside of my comfort zone and that is OK. God provided a great team who helped me through unfamiliar territory. What about the new role? It, too, is outside of my comfort zone and once again that is OK. I am here to serve and therefore willing to take on any role for which I am capable. God continues to teach me and use me in unexpected ways. If God has called you outside of your comfort zone, don’t worry. God often equips the called, instead of calling the equipped; what He wants is a willing and obedient heart and a teachable spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment