Thursday, April 2, 2015

How is the miracle of Easter still transforming lives?

“My purpose is that they (you) may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they (you) may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they (you) may know the mystery of God, namely Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.” Colossians 2:2-3

As I sat and storied with Hegia, my “PNG mom”, she told me how her grandmother had met the first missionaries who came to the Aiyura valley. Her grandmother thought they were spirits or ghosts when she saw their white skin! We laughed about it, and reflected on how their beliefs have changed. Hegia said she was so glad that, even though we are many colors, we are all loved the same by God, and Jesus died for us all.  What a huge blessing to be able to mutually encourage each other with that truth!  Later that week, I spoke via Skype to my friend Susan in New Hampshire and I was blessed to be using technology to stay connected, regardless of distance, to encourage and uplift each other.  Though there are many fears and uncertainties in this life, God’s Truth remains.  Let the miracle of Easter continue to transform us, that we may be an encouragement to each other in times of joy and pain, regardless of where we are planted!

“The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified.  He is not here; He has risen, just as He said. Come and see the place where He lay.” Matthew 28: 5-6    - Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment